Let me tell you about my day. No. Let me summarize:
- 4,298: the number of times the twins came running to me, screaming "MOM" at the top of their lungs, while babygirl was sleeping on my lap.
- 3: number of baths I gave. This is misleading. It was sort of one big bath, but in stages, with different participants.
- 2: number if different lunches I prepared (this is pretty good for me)
- 0: number of bites babygirl took of any food I attempted to give her. She survives on whole milk and kisses today.
- 110: fights I broke up
- 20: minutes the twins managed to stay out of my sight during quiet time
- 0 words I've written on the good ole WIP.
I could go on, but I think you get the point. Some days are more productive than others. Can I also say being a mom is perhaps the most un-glamorous thing you can do? Seriously. It starts with you half-naked on a table, fluids gushing and lots of strangers weaving around, and I'm telling you folks, it doesn't get a whole lot prettier after that.
Babygirl always squeezes me so tight when she wakes up. She snuggles right in and won't let go. And the boys? If I'd managed to write down half their funny stuff today you wouldn't be reading such a boring post.
And now: kids in bed. Things are quiet. Its me and the computer.
Let's all just hope I've got enough brain juice left to make something happen.