Tuesday, March 5, 2013

the Madness of March

I'm totally not a big sports fan. And often March passes on by without me noticing one way or the other. But, because my alma mater was doing rather well in basketball earlier this year, I've been half-heartedly keeping track. And I've totally been missing out! I love how fast everything moves. One minute you've got dreams of glory, and an hour and a half later, you're dreams have died. Or been refueled.

Wow.

Wouldn't it be lovely and completely horrifying if all our life-long dreams were so efficiently dispatched? Imagine I'm writing say, and I've written and written, and it all comes down to a head-to-head and one quicsk glance over by one editor.

Ouch.

I couldn't do it. I don't have the heart for sports. It must take some severe perspective to be able to process all that, so fast. I mean, one three-point-shot at the buzzer and wham!

I don't have a big punch-line at the end of this. Just that March Madness is not for the faint of heart.

No comments: