Monday, February 7, 2011

Funny How...

I thought I watched the Superbowl yesterday. Except, we talked a lot during the game. Which we watched on DVR so of course someone had called to tell us who won before the end. And we skipped the halftime show, and the singing at the start. Which was apparently too bad because the rumor is Christina Aguilera messed up the lyrics? Seriously?

Anyhoo, I did pay attention to the commercial. Maybe it was my one-semester stint as a marketing major. Maybe its just about how much I watch TV (trying to cut back. Really). But commercials fascinate me. Like, why can't there be a good local commercial? Why do some commercials make you laugh AND make you want to buy something (oh haii Old Spice Guy). And some just make you want to run screaming from the room?

So, here are my favorite commercials from yesterday. Which, btw, wasn't a great commercial superbowl. Pepsi particularly made me sad. They're usually so reliable.

I think I liked this because I have in my life watched a LOT of HGTV:


We actually rewound so my friend who was putting out kiddo fires, could see:


I loved this one too:



If you want to see the full rundown, check out this site.

Perhaps I'll post some failures tomorrow. But honest, who wants to watch them?

PS--I still think the best commercial was the VW force one below. Honestly. It won hands down.

2 comments:

Jeigh said...

Holy cow, that Doritos one is hilarious! I love how Grandpa's cheeks are dirty.

Anyway, I've been lurking around on your blog for a while and you're really funny! I wanted to put comments on a few of your posts but decided not to overkill, so I'll just post here first off. Your thoughts on motherhood, though? Spot on. Spot. on.

Oh, and if you were wondering, I found you from Natalie Whipple's crit classifieds. So, it's nice to meet you!

Renee Collins said...

A fellow commercial junkie. I knew I liked you. :)

I agree with Jeigh, the Doritos commercial was hilarious.

(P.S. After reading Jeigh's comment, I also went to see your ad (ad? Or info? idk) on Natalie's blog. Your book sounds neat! Frankly, you had me at sea monster.)